Yogurt Tire Sealant Review by TY Bike Products

Yogurt Tire Sealant Review



Yogurt Tire Sealant 

Priced at £9.00 for a 150 ml and £20.00 for there 500 ml size bottle. 
Also available is a Starter kit, £35.00 that is  everything needed, rim tape (that is simply brilliant and easy to use) valves and sealant.

Thanks to the people of  TY Bike Products for the chance to do this review, it came just at the right time as I was on the search for a Tire Sealant that actually works... so really hoping this will solve my recent problems of the (Puncture Genie) paying me a visit! 

The Yogurt cannot be found in the chiller cabinet at your local supermarket, you will need to visit TY Bike  Products website direct to order, its not a Real Yogurt, its for sealing any holes up to 6mm on your bike tires, (Will chat about Motorcycles usage later) hopefully that’s has sorted out any misconceptions of the product I have here.. 

The Yogurt is latex free and ammonia free which means its very safe to use.
TY Bike say there Yogurt will not dry out and separate.




A Real added benefit is it can be reused, which means its perfect for the like’s of anyone wanting to swap wheels and tire, you can simply save it in a bottle and re-add it, I’ll be testing this out a few times, as the wheel I have on my bike now is one that I have added a inner patch to, so I’ll be changing the tire soon, and reuse the Yogurt.
TY Bike state there Yogurt tire sealant is Non-corrosive and non-flammable, which is handy if you only have grass to mend your bike on, I have a old roll of carpet I lay under my bike maintenance stand to protect the grass just in case, I find it a handy thing to lay down as anything  you drop from your bike can easily be found. 
TY Bike have added a neat small nozzle on the 150ml size bottle they sent me, this is small enough to pour through the valve once the core is removed. 


How did the guys at TY Bike Products come about with the Yogurt, click this link to find out, (but do come back)

How much sealant should you put in your tire, you can find a list of tire and wheel sizes on there website, I’ve borrowed a size photo from TY Bike Products website 


Yogurt dose guide.


On my previous review on tires and sealant you will find information about the fitting of the gravel bike tire, on this wheel I’ll be using the Yogurt with the Goodyear Connector gravel bike tire, fitting of the actual tire was straight forward, only thing you have to keep a eye on, is the Rotation of the tire, it’s printed on the side wall, so make sure you have it the right way round. 


Make sure the rim is clean and dry. 


The way I get the tire to seat is use the tire lever to draw the tire bead to the rim as you go around the tire. 

This is the easiest method I have found to help you get the tire seated with either a hand pump. Or in my case a pressure sprayer converted!

Once the tire is seated correctly on the rim it’s time to add the Yogurt.



In practice I found the nozzle could have been a bit more open to pour the Yogurt in. 



I had a handy tube that fitted the Yogurt nozzle, this made the pouring a lot easier, with the odd squeeze here and there. 

I found it easier to use a tube with the Yogurt, just a few squeezes of the bottle. 

A little bit of a drip as I pulled the tube off the valve. 

The Yogurt gets everywhere. 



I found it easy to do,a top up with the Yogurt, no hassle at all. 





Easy top up. 





It’s Official now... 


TY Bike Products do a Starter kit to convert your wheels into Tubeless setup     
.
Look out for my review on the TY Bike Products Rim Tape, I’ll think you will be very surprised on just how easy it to fit the rim tape.. 
Well impressed. 


My Verdict: 

Likes..
Ease of use, I just found it a bit harder to get in the tire, I used the valve method, maybe it would have been easier using the pouring method, one reason I prefer the valve method is to make sure the tire is well seated before installing the Yogurt, once it was in, any spills just simply cleaned up with a damp cloth. 
It’s Planet Freindly.
Non smelling. 

Dislikes: 
No measure marker on the bottle, just find it would be handy to know how much you have put in.
Far too early to say yet, it’s in the tire, the tires are up, no pressure loss, all that is needed is a ride to test them out... Watch this space. 


Update:16/06/2021


40 miles just over on a ride, and not a single visit from the “Puncture Genie “.... 
My ride took me on roads, country lanes where the tractors had left the field leaving loads of stone all over the road, country single track hill roads where the rain had washed the gravel down the road, then along a tropical towpath route, and the Yogurt kept in the tires! First time I have been out in ages and not had to stop for a puncture fix, so I’m impressed with the TY Bike Products Tire Sealant Yogurt so far, now I can venture out further. 

Gravel Towpath.


Chipping’s on the road. 



Goodyear Connector gravel bike tire rolls fast. 


Lots of lose gravel. 


UPDATE.......... 

I’ll BE ADDING A DISCOUNT CODE FOR YOU ALL SOON, SO KEEP CHECKING BACK.
Remember TY Bike Products are not on Twitter, so pop over to there Instagram or Facebook feed, the Yogurt is the best thing to happen to us Gravel Riders in a long time, and all you cycling commuters, MTB Rider, Downhillers... 

Update 30/06/2021

I’m really impressed with the Yogurt tire sealant, so far no real problems on the front or rear tire, I’ve been over rough tracks, fast road sections and can’t fault the Connector gravel bike tire from Goodyear, and with the add protection of the Yogurt sealant from TY Bike Products makes the ride all that more enjoyable now.. 


Pop into your Local Bike shop to pick up a bottle or two, if it’s not on there shelves point them in this direction and I’ll pass on the detail to stock the Best Tubeless Tire Sealant for tires. 









UPDATE 06/062021

On the description of the Yogurt TY Bike say “It Can Be Reused”, this is great if it’s possible, I had to find out, so I swapped the Goodyear Connector 700x35 for a much larger size 700x50 and reused the Yogurt sealant, 

I popped the Connector off the rim to see how much Yogurt was in the tire to rebottle. 
The Tyre Yogurt was the easiest tire sealant I’ve had the pleasure to rebottle and use,  cleaning  the wheel and tire was easiest by simply using a garden hose to clean up the wheel and tire, then a quick wipe down to dry them both out, really a added bonus.
So impressed with the ease of cleaning.



Goodyear Connector gravel bike tire reseated back on the rim with the Yogurt replaced and a small top up as the new tire was a much larger size then the one I have removed, Rim Tape was all in perfect order, with no lose edges or bubbles. 


Out on the ride the larger size made a great difference to comfort.


TY Bike Products Yogurt has to be the best Ive reviewed so far, ease of use is a real added bonus, fingers crossed it stays in the tire and is never needed to fix a hole! 




The Ride Just Gets Better By The Day! 


UPDATE 10/11/2021.

There is no Update! 
Why I hear you ask, I take the bike out for a ride, bring it back, take it out for a ride on another day, no Punctures, the odd pump up of a few PSI, and that's it! If your looking for a really Non Hassel Tubeless Tire Sealant the TY Bike Products is your Go To Choice! I've not even added more to the tires yet! 

Grab Yours from The TY Bike Website Now! Christmas is coming and it will make a great Gift for the rider in the family! 










TY Bike Products contact details:
Calling All Independent Bike Shop owners, fancy some Yogurt and great Rim Tape on your shop shelves, then get in touch with Matt who will answer any questions you have. 

I would like to say a Massive Massive Mega Big Thanks to all the crew at TY Bike  Product’s, really looking forward to finally getting out and leaving the “Puncture Genie “ else where!.

 UPDATE: 29/01/2022.
Really happy with the Non visits from the Puncture Fairy, is it down to the added TY Bike Products Yogurt in the Tires, either way, if that's the case its a great set up, not even had to add any more TY Bike Products Yogurt, It is "Honestly The Best Tubeless Tire Sealant I've Have done a Review on" 
If you want trouble Free Tubeless Cycling check out the TY Bike Products Website, they also do brilliant Rim Tape and more.. 
https://www.tybikeproducts.com/
Save 10% by going on line.. 



Please Feel Free to Support Our Sponsors Adverts. Thank You. 
Foot Note This is not a Paid Advertisement for TY Bike Products 
Harlow cycle page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Harlow-Cycle-Page-805601672891539/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlXmH7f4X0Az_xr7Az0Yqg 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harlowcycle/ 
Tumbler : http://harlowcycle.tumblr.com/ 
Twitter Feed: @TDF79 
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harlow-cycling-b785a1105/ 
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/Harlowcycle/pins/ 
Email: HarlowCyclingPageGroup@Hotmail.com ....................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment

tooocycling TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera

TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera https://www.tooocycling.store/products/tooo-cycling%E2%84%A2-dvr90-model-bicycle-lamp-camera-f...