Rim Tape review from TY Bike Products


Rim Tape Review 



TY Bike Products produce a Rim Tape, I can’t say what goes into the manufacturing process to get a Rim Tape this good, yes, “This Good”,  and the reason I say it’s “This Good” is because I’ve had the pleasure, yes, I did say Pleasure to use it, I made a mistake of punching a hole in my Giant wheel rim tape when I was inserting a tire plug because the tire sealant would not seal up a very small hole, hence you get to learn something new everyday, and that is to slightly slope the next tire plug I have to use, (which just so happened to be the case on a Saturday ride), if I can use this rim tape, I reckon that any one could, it was not that hard, when Matt the technology guy from TY phoned to ask how I was getting on, and recommend to use a heat dryer to get the air bubbles out, I replied “What Bubbles “ I honestly can put hand on Heart and say I smoothed them all out with my thumb! 

How did I get on fitting the TY Bike Products Rim Tape, find out below.. 

First thing I did was head over to the “How to Fit Rim Tape” on YouTube, loads of great How to videos, I picked a video that looked like it was a fast instruction with no interruptions, but I was wrong on that part, just getting into the important part and a advert appears! So I had to have a bit more patience on this, anyway after watching the video a couple of times, i then decided to take the plunge and try it out myself, read below on how I got on, its not as hard as it looks..

Remove  the tire, clean  the rim.

.
Inspect the rim for any sharp edges, or damage.

                                                                          
Remove the small nut, and save the little rubber ring, once removed I put it all back together and placed it in a safe place.

,
Remove the valve.

Valve removed.

Remove the original rim tape.

Both tape and valve removed.


Take the TY Bike Products Rim  Tape out of the bag


Starting from the opposite side of the valve hole, carefully start  the process of placing the Rim Tape in the middle and carefully  smooth out as you unroll the tape.



I found it easier to sit on a low stool with the wheel spurted between my feet and pull the rim tape towards me a few inches at a time, smooth out the air bubbles with my thumb, making sure the rim tape is spread across the rim.

Smooth as anything.

I Was impressed with the ease of the way the TY Bike Products Rim Tape was going on the rim, strong and stretched enough to keep it smooth.

Rim  tape.

Professional finish.

As I unrolled, I used my thumb to smooth it out. 

Flat Free.




Impressive 

I’m no professional tire fitter, but to me, that looks good, if you have any comments, please do leave a message in the comments box below.

Marks out of 10 for ease of fitting, thats a 10 from me! 

Locate the valve hole, and gently pierce the TY Bike Products Rim Tape.

Pierce a hole where the valve will sit.


Push the valve through with the nut and ring removed.

Before the valve is tightened it was recommended on the YouTube video to run some sealant around the valve before it’s tightened.

Finished, simply tighten up the valve by replacing the rubber ring and nut.

Cool Chrome.

Cool Chrome.

Neat Valve removal tool built in the cap.

Easy Fit.







Take a look at the above video to see how well the Rim Tape went on the rim.
A very Impressive finish. 


The wheel is all set to have the tire fitted. 

MY VERDICT.


Going tubeless could not be much easier with this tape and valves from TY Bike Products, can’t fault it, since I’ve had the rim tape on the wheel, I’ve fitted a Goodyear Connector gravel bike tire and been out on a few rides, the tires have stayed up, not let me down, 

Check out the TY Bikes Website, they do not sell vie distribution company, so it’s straight to the main supply company TY Bike Products.

I can’t recommend the TY products enough, Trouble I have now is letting everyone know there is a system that works on the Tubeless Tyre set up... 


Thank you to Matt of TY Bike Products for the Rim Tape and Valves, it’s been a real pleasure doing this review, great quality rim tape.. 




Please Feel Free to Support Our Sponsors Adverts. Thank You.
Foot Note This is not a Paid Advertisement for TH Bike Products 
Harlow cycle page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Harlow-Cycle-Page-805601672891539/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlXmH7f4X0Az_xr7Az0Yqg 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harlowcycle/
Tumbler : http://harlowcycle.tumblr.com/ 
Twitter Feed: @TDF79 
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harlow-cycling-b785a1105/ 
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/Harlowcycle/pins/
Email: HarlowCyclingPageGroup@Hotmail.com ....................................................................................................................
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment

tooocycling TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera

TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera https://www.tooocycling.store/products/tooo-cycling%E2%84%A2-dvr90-model-bicycle-lamp-camera-f...