Interflon Fin Super Dry Film Lubricant

Interflon Fin Super  


Priced around £9.99 for a 100ml  Aerosol can.



A Review on a simple bike chain oil...... Well its not a Oil, the product is a High performance dry-film lubricant with Micpol® technology, and this is the clever part, (Bear with me a while longer) let me tell you what Micpol ® technology is........

MicPol® technology: MicPol® technology has been developed by Interflon. Small microscopically nano scoops are treated in such a way that they adhere to surfaces and provide a smooth, lubricious surface.

Its all here on the Interflon website, it explains it much better than I ever can, take a look, but do pop back here for the rest of my review blog..... 
https://www.interflon.com/us/our-technology

I do like this at the bottom of there Technologhy section ----  MicPol® Technology leads to unique lubricants with extremely high lubricant and protective properties. This ensures that Interflon products can continue to reduce friction even more than conventional oils and greases, with moisture and dirt barely affecting the lubrication. I think that explain;s it in easy to understand terms. 



My Review on the Fin Super by Interflon.... 

I have been using the Fin Super for a while now, at first I thought it was like that famous WD40 you get in a can, because it comes in a aerosol can with a small Red tube to insert into the head of the nozzle on the can to direct the lube to any place you need to, makes it a finer area to spray. 

You will need to clean your chain, cog, Jockey wheels etc, get a good chain cleaner as its the only way to get that new look chain again as featured in my Chain Cleaner review's Link here.... 
http://harlowcyclingpage.blogspot.com/2014/10/muc-off-bio-drivetrain-cleaner-review.html
A cheap effective chain cleaning device link here...
http://harlowcyclingpage.blogspot.com/2016/06/crivite-chain-cleaner-from-lidl.html

Now you have a Nice clean chain, the next step is to apply the Fin Super, the can I have came with a red thin tube, you insert it into the nozzle and press the cap and apply, easy enough, I got a bit carried away at my first attempt, was not really thinking ahead, and I just simply pointed the red tube to the chain and gave the cap a push! Big mistake as it went all over the frame and rear wheel, so had to clean it all up, best way I found was to have the rear wheel suspended in air, or have your bike in the Bike maintenance stand, grab a paper towel in one hand and lightly grip the chain and point the nozzle and run it along the chain as you grip and pull the chain to a section not treated, just keep on until the chain is complete, I also went up and down the gears as well to get the rear cog covered, leave it over night to soak in and there you have it, one treated chain with Interflon Fin Super, or if you need to apply before the ride simply apply and wipe off the excess lubricant.


Interflon Fin Super coated. 

Notice the Fin Super has soaked in 100%.







All before the ride photos with Fin Super applied.


Apply the lube.

My first attempt at application.
Red plastic tube fitted to the actuator.

I found it a lot easier to use a paper towle under the chain while I applied the Fin Super.




Once applied I left the bike over night for the Fin Super to soak in to the chain.

My Verdict.

On my first ride with the Fin Super applied to my bike chain I noticed that the gear change felt a lot smother straight away! so that was a big surprise to me, out on the ride I decided to go along the towpath where dirt and debris will cling to the chain and get caught up in the rear cogs etc, a stony muddy path, with sections of dust, water, and mud! usually when I return on a ride along this section my chain has picked up some sort of dirt and grit along the way, on this ride I had no collection on the cogs or jockey wheels to report on, all was in a clean manor.

I noticed after a rides there started to get a collection of what I can only describe as "Grinding Paste" on the jockey wheels! So I contacted Interflon to ask why this was happening.

Notice build up of grit.

Interflon answer was a very simple one, and one I must admit was obvious, now I know what I do, "You Applied Too Much" was the answer from Interflon! and I had to agree with them, basically you can use a lot less Fin Super to the chain, so I set about cleaning the chain and starting again with less Fin Super applied. and I found that this was the way to go, end of the collection of grinding paste, and the chain felt like it had a coating on it, I've had the Fin Super on my bike for over a month now, and apart from the first miss application have not needed to apply any more Fin Super to the chain as It is still coated with the lubricant.
Priced around the £9.99 mark, its not cheap, but then you will not need to apply it on every ride, so will work out cheaper.
I like it, its clean, and dont get oil all over my hands and lege either, so that keeps the wife "Happy" 




Take a quick look at the way I applied the Fin Super.




Where to buy Fin Super.

Ask your Local Bike Shop, they may stock it, or check out Amazon.


14 Ways to use Fin Super 



Fin Super has been applied to my squeaky bathroom door when I first had the Fin Super to play with, and the door has not squeaked since! 

Outside pad lock has been easy to open since I gave it a spray down the lock.
Gate latch easy to open, and even feels like it has a coating on the metal slider.
Lots of ways you can use the Fin Super..





Coming Soon Shop Stockist. Watch This Space.






Please Feel Free to Support Our Sponsors Adverts. Thank You.
Foot Note This is not a Paid Advertisement for Interflon USA/UK.
Harlow cycle page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Harlow-Cycle-Page-805601672891539/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlXmH7f4X0Az_xr7Az0Yqg
Instgram: https://www.instagram.com/harlowcycle/
Tumbler : http://harlowcycle.tumblr.com/
Twitter Feed: @TDF79
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harlow-cycling-b785a1105/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/Harlowcycle/pins/
Email: HarlowCyclingPageGroup@Hotmail.com




 ....................................................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment

tooocycling TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera

TOOO Cycling™ DVR80 Model Bicycle Lamp Camera https://www.tooocycling.store/products/tooo-cycling%E2%84%A2-dvr90-model-bicycle-lamp-camera-f...